Software QA Engineer
At Bractlet, we’re on a mission to solve climate change by using technology to reduce the impact of the built world on our environment. We are looking for people who share in that passion and thrive in a culture built on innovation, integrity, and humility.
Location: Austin, TX or Remote
About the Job
We are looking for a Software QA Engineer with a passion for quality who will be responsible for holding the high-quality bar by owning test automation and shaping Bractlet’s testing strategy. You will work very closely with software engineers to understand the technical design of applications and ensure testability of the developed components. You will build test automation with the goal of providing maximum coverage in the most efficient manner. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring that the test infrastructure is easily maintainable and can scale to the demands of rapid continuous integration and deployment.
- Design and develop advanced test suites and own automation best practices.
- Implement and execute test strategies on all supported platforms and languages to help improve overall quality and test code coverage.
- Functional and automation testing.
- Write backend integration tests and tests for RESTful APIs.
- Develop frameworks and automated test cases using Selenium, Cypress, and/or other test frameworks.
- Design and develop integration, regression, and stress tests using industry standard tools.
- Collaborate with business analysts and developers to understand requirements and translate them into test cases.
- Define, implement, and maintain test plans, test specifications and test suites.
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing engineering best practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and company-wide critical programs.
- Passionate about the environment and solving climate change.
- Knowledge of relational databases/SQL.
- Experience working with client-server architectures and automation.
- Establish processes for reporting, organizing and prioritizing issues.
- Create detailed test plans based on product requirements.
- Experience collaborating with product, design, and engineering to shape a product from start to scale.
- 2+ years experience architecting test automation solutions for production platforms.
- Experience with one or more of the following public cloud providers: Google Cloud Platform (GCP – preferred), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with CI/CD using Jenkins, Github Actions, Gitlab, etc.
More about Bractlet
Bractlet is on a mission to solve climate change through efficiency.
Leveraging the world’s largest energy efficiency dataset — over 1 trillion data points and counting — our team marries decades of industry experience in design, construction, and maintenance of building energy systems with machine learning and advanced thermodynamic simulation technology to provide the real estate industry’s most effective solution for optimizing building performance and maximizing invested capital.
To that end, we are building the world’s first comprehensive and open energy resource management (ERM) to provide a single source of truth for the built environment’s energy data. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data originates from many disparate sources and must ultimately satisfy the ever-evolving reporting requirements of several ratings services and agencies, creating a logistical data nightmare. Bractlet provides software tools to streamline and automate the management of this data, enabling our customers to proactively identify issues and satisfy any and all reporting or planning requirements on time and under budget.
Bractlet’s progressive culture features diverse, intelligent, and inquisitive individuals — characterized by their drive, innovation, integrity and humility — who excel in a close-knit and fast-paced team.
Working at Bractlet is more than just a job; we support our employees in becoming the best versions of themselves. What that means to us:
- Flexible work and flexible schedule; whether or not you are fully-remote, part-time in the office, or coming into the office every day, Bractlet supports you to work your way, on your schedule
- Above market benefits; we believe your health and your family’s health are vital to your success, and offer competitive healthcare programs to ensure you and your family are covered
- Participate in the company’s success; we believe that all employees, from entry-level to the c-suite, are key to the company’s financial success, and we offer an ownership stake in the company to all employees
Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe that an individual’s unique background and experiences are vital to building a great culture and business that takes into account diverse perspectives, as such we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
This job has an FLSA Status: Exempt. Management reserves the right to modify or alter job duties and responsibilities. These job duties are not all inclusive and may be subject to change without notice.