User Experience Designer
At Bractlet, we’re on a mission to solve climate change by using technology to reduce the impact of the built world on our environment. We are looking for people who share in that passion and thrive in a culture built on innovation, integrity, and humility. Come join us in building a better future.
Location: Austin, TX or Remote
About the Job
As a UX Designer at Bractlet, you will work closely with product and engineering teams to design intuitive and valuable software from initial concept to polished product. Additionally, you will coordinate with customer success teams to gather research and test prototypes with Bractlet’s customers as the team assesses the viability and value of new features. This role will be part of the team designing how the built world adapts to the challenges of today and tomorrow by helping users reduce their impact on the climate and strategize how to become more resilient and sustainable.
- Design and validate new ideas via UX artifacts such as wireframes, clickable prototypes, flow diagrams, and sketches
- Work as an embedded member of an agile product development team, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineers to create solutions and solve user challenges based on research
- Partner with in-house teams to conduct generative research and usability tests with Bractlet users, both online and in-person at job sites
- Advocate for the user and evangelize user experience throughout the organization
- Work with teams to create patterns, style guides, and solutions used by our development and design team to ensure fluid and consistent experiences for users
- Up to 25% travel will be required for customer site visits
- 4+ years of experience designing world-class, Cloud (SaaS) apps with a strong portfolio of design work
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in graphic design, HCI, UX, computer science, or a related area of study is preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Aptitude for planning research studies and synthesizing results
- Experience conducting interviews and usability studies with customers
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record presenting designs and articulating design decisions product and engineering teams
- Proficiency in leading design software such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong ownership, bias to action, and know-how to succeed in ambiguity
- Ability to design as a team, exploring and promoting new ideas, especially those that aren’t your own
- You’re self-aware and design from a place of empathy
More about Bractlet
Bractlet is on a mission to solve climate change through efficiency.
Leveraging the world’s largest energy efficiency dataset — over 1 trillion data points and counting — our team marries decades of industry experience in design, construction, and maintenance of building energy systems with machine learning and advanced thermodynamic simulation technology to provide the real estate industry’s most effective solution for optimizing building performance and maximizing invested capital.
To that end, we are building the world’s first comprehensive and open energy resource management (ERM) to provide a single source of truth for the built environment’s energy data. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data originates from many disparate sources and must ultimately satisfy the ever-evolving reporting requirements of several ratings services and agencies, creating a logistical data nightmare. Bractlet provides software tools to streamline and automate the management of this data, enabling our customers to proactively identify issues and satisfy any and all reporting or planning requirements on time and under budget.
Bractlet’s progressive culture features diverse, intelligent, and inquisitive individuals — characterized by their drive, innovation, integrity and humility — who excel in a close-knit and fast-paced team.
Working at Bractlet is more than just a job; we support our employees in becoming the best versions of themselves. What that means to us:
- Flexible work and flexible schedule; whether or not you are fully-remote, part-time in the office, or coming into the office every day, Bractlet supports you to work your way, on your schedule
- Above market benefits; we believe your health and your family’s health are vital to your success, and offer competitive healthcare programs to ensure you and your family are covered
- Participate in the company’s success; we believe that all employees, from entry-level to the c-suite, are key to the company’s financial success, and we offer an ownership stake in the company to all employees
Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe that an individual’s unique background and experiences are vital to building a great culture and business that takes into account diverse perspectives, as such we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
This job has an FLSA Status: Exempt. Management reserves the right to modify or alter job duties and responsibilities. These job duties are not all inclusive and may be subject to change without notice.