Lead Software Engineer, Backend
At Bractlet, we’re on a mission to solve climate change by using technology to reduce the impact of the built world on our environment. We are looking for people who share in that passion and thrive in a culture built on innovation, integrity, and humility. Come join us in building a better future. Our stack is written primarily in JS/React (with Flow), Ruby, and Rust, is backed by a Postgres database, and runs on Kubernetes.
Location: Austin, TX or Remote
- Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
- Be the primary point of contact and leader of a development team
- Work closely with product and other stakeholders to refine product and technical roadmap
- Work alongside leadership teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Assist in recruitment and coaching of engineers
- Design, implement and manage production systems
- Passionate about the environment and solving climate change
- 6+ years experience architecting and engineering applications for production platforms
- 3+ years of experience building RESTful API’s
- 2+ years of experience leading technical teams and being a primary code reviewer
- Experience in at least 3 of these technologies: Node, GraphQL, Ruby, Rails, Rust, Java, Python, Go, .NET
- Experience with one or more of the following public cloud providers: Google Cloud Platform (GCP – preferred), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure
- Experience with CI/CD using Jenkins, Github Actions, Gitlab, etc.
- Linux operating system essentials
- Performance monitoring and logging in production environments
- Deep knowledge of RDBMS systems such as Postgres (preferred) or MySQL
- Know how to exit vim
- Familiarity with PostgREST
- Experience integrating with IoT hardware
- Experience with large time series databases
More about Bractlet
Bractlet is on a mission to solve climate change through efficiency.
Leveraging the world’s largest energy efficiency dataset — over 1 trillion data points and counting — our team marries decades of industry experience in design, construction, and maintenance of building energy systems with machine learning and advanced thermodynamic simulation technology to provide the real estate industry’s most effective solution for optimizing building performance and maximizing invested capital.
To that end, we are building the world’s first comprehensive and open energy resource management (ERM) to provide a single source of truth for the built environment’s energy data. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data originates from many disparate sources and must ultimately satisfy the ever-evolving reporting requirements of several ratings services and agencies, creating a logistical data nightmare. Bractlet provides software tools to streamline and automate the management of this data, enabling our customers to proactively identify issues and satisfy any and all reporting or planning requirements on time and under budget.
Bractlet’s progressive culture features diverse, intelligent, and inquisitive individuals — characterized by their drive, innovation, integrity and humility — who excel in a close-knit and fast-paced team.
Working at Bractlet is more than just a job; we support our employees in becoming the best versions of themselves. What that means to us:
- Flexible work and flexible schedule; whether or not you are fully-remote, part-time in the office, or coming into the office every day, Bractlet supports you to work your way, on your schedule
- Above market benefits; we believe your health and your family’s health are vital to your success, and offer competitive healthcare programs to ensure you and your family are covered
- Participate in the company’s success; we believe that all employees, from entry-level to the c-suite, are key to the company’s financial success, and we offer an ownership stake in the company to all employees
Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe that an individual’s unique background and experiences are vital to building a great culture and business that takes into account diverse perspectives, as such we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
This job has an FLSA Status: Exempt. Management reserves the right to modify or alter job duties and responsibilities. These job duties are not all inclusive and may be subject to change without notice.