Energy Modeling Manager
At Bractlet, we’re on a mission to solve climate change by using technology to reduce the impact of the built world on our environment. We are looking for people who share in that passion and thrive in a culture built on innovation, integrity, and humility. Come join us in building a better future.
Location: Austin, TX
About the Job
At Bractlet, you will be building the world’s most sophisticated and accurate building energy models at lightning speed. This technology allows our customers to track, optimize and ultimately reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions across the built environment.
You will be managing a highly sophisticated modeling team utilizing a keen awareness of engineering concepts and practical project management frameworks. The Bractlet process is precisely refined to develop fast, highly accurate and predictive models at a building and equipment-level. Your understanding of energy systems, simulation modeling, and advanced controls will be pushed as you work with energy modelers at a pace not currently seen in the industry. As the manager of the team, you will be responsible for managing the feedback, ideas and innovations from this team that will go directly into improving Bractlet’s software, building energy analysis tools, and processes. Your contributions will have a lasting impact on Bractlet, the built environment and the world.
This is a full-time position based in our Austin office.
- Management of technical teams (engineering, data science, etc.)
- Gantt or other similar process management skills
- Proficiency with Airtable or other database management tools
- Ability to identify and manage to KPIs for dynamic teams
- Ability to interpret and communicate results of analyses to audiences with a full spectrum of technical understanding
- Strong heat transfer, thermodynamic, and energy systems knowledge
- Experienced in detail-oriented problem solving with a focus on process improvement
- Comfortable adapting to new software tools
- Ability to prioritize resources with parallel demands in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge in building construction, HVAC and lighting systems, building control strategies and/or high performance building design
- Experience with processing and analyzing large sets of both real and simulated data
- EnergyPlus based development or project work
- Working understanding of at least one common programming language (Python, R, Matlab, etc.)
Role Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Oversee and facilitate the development of highly predictive, full-building, energy simulations using operational, BAS and in-house power meter data.
- Manage the throughput of models and all internal/external requirements to maintain on-time deliverables.
- Resource demand modeling and projections for team hiring needs.
- Provide feedback to internal operations and software development teams.
- Scope customer requested unique projects and budget forecasting features necessary to run predictive building model analyses.
- Help develop best practice documentation and promote the improvement of Bractlet’s energy modeling processes.
- Facilitate documentation and expanding resource libraries to improve simulations and allow each model to evolve along with the building it represents.
- Aid in the identification, optimization and quantification of energy savings measures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering or other STEM-related field is preferred.
- 3+ years of leading or managing of technical teams.
- 5+ years of applicable work experience with energy modeling software, custom model building, mechanical system design, energy engineering or building controls.
More about Bractlet
Bractlet is on a mission to solve climate change through efficiency.
Leveraging the world’s largest energy efficiency dataset — over 1 trillion data points and counting — our team marries decades of industry experience in design, construction, and maintenance of building energy systems with machine learning and advanced thermodynamic simulation technology to provide the real estate industry’s most effective solution for optimizing building performance and maximizing invested capital.
To that end, we are building the world’s first comprehensive and open energy resource management (ERM) to provide a single source of truth for the built environment’s energy data. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data originates from many disparate sources and must ultimately satisfy the ever-evolving reporting requirements of several ratings services and agencies, creating a logistical data nightmare. Bractlet provides software tools to streamline and automate the management of this data, enabling our customers to proactively identify issues and satisfy any and all reporting or planning requirements on time and under budget.
Bractlet’s progressive culture features diverse, intelligent, and inquisitive individuals — characterized by their drive, innovation, integrity and humility — who excel in a close-knit and fast-paced team.
Working at Bractlet is more than just a job; we support our employees in becoming the best versions of themselves. What that means to us:
- Flexible work and flexible schedule; whether or not you are fully-remote, part-time in the office, or coming into the office every day, Bractlet supports you to work your way, on your schedule
- Above market benefits; we believe your health and your family’s health are vital to your success, and offer competitive healthcare programs to ensure you and your family are covered
- Participate in the company’s success; we believe that all employees, from entry-level to the c-suite, are key to the company’s financial success, and we offer an ownership stake in the company to all employees
Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe that an individual’s unique background and experiences are vital to building a great culture and business that takes into account diverse perspectives, as such we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
This job has an FLSA Status: Exempt. Management reserves the right to modify or alter job duties and responsibilities. These job duties are not all inclusive and may be subject to change without notice.