At Bractlet, we’re on a mission to solve climate change by using technology to reduce the impact of the built world on our environment. We are looking for people who share in that passion and thrive in a culture built on innovation, integrity, and humility. Come join us in building a better future.
Location: Austin, TX
About the Job
At Bractlet, you will be building the world’s most sophisticated and accurate building energy models at lightning speed. This technology allows our customers to track, optimize and ultimately reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions across the built environment.
Using Bractlet proprietary energy modeling software (built on top of EnergyPlus) and data analysis tools, you will be an integral part of our Energy Modeling team, working to develop highly accurate and predictive models at a building and equipment-level. Your understanding of energy modeling, energy systems, and advanced controls will be pushed as you develop energy models at a pace not currently seen in the industry. As a key member in the organization, your feedback, ideas and innovations will go directly into improving Bractlet’s software, building energy analysis tools and processes. Your contributions will have a lasting impact on Bractlet, the built environment and the world.
This is a full-time position based in our Austin office.
- Experience with processing and analyzing large sets of both real and simulated data
- Ability to interpret and communicate results of analyses to audiences with a full spectrum of technical understanding
- Strong heat transfer, thermodynamic, and energy systems knowledge
- Solid understanding of at least one common programming language (Python, R, Matlab, etc.)
- Experienced in detail-oriented problem solving with a focus on process improvement
- Ability to balance collaboration and working independently
- Comfortable adapting to new software tools
- Ability to be task-focused and to self-manage time in a fast-paced, informal environment
- EnergyPlus development and/or project work
- Knowledge in building construction, HVAC and lighting systems, building control strategies and/or high performance building design
- Experience using CAD software such as AutoCAD and Sketchup
- Contributions to the UnmetHours BEM Community a plus
Role Accountabilities / Responsibilities
As a Bractlet Energy Modeler, you can expect to:
- Develop and calibrate highly predictive, full-building, energy simulations using operational, BAS and in-house power meter data.
- Aid in the identification, optimization and quantification of energy savings measures.
- Utilize predictive building models to assist customers with unique projects and budget forecasting.
- Continuously update and improve existing simulations to allow each model to evolve along with the building it represents.
- Provide feedback to internal operations and software development teams.
- Help develop best practice documentation and promote the improvement of Bractlet’s energy modeling processes.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering or other STEM-related field is preferred.
- 2+ years of applicable work experience with energy modeling software, custom model building, mechanical system design, energy engineering or building controls.
- Flexible work and flexible schedule; whether or not you are fully-remote, part-time in the office, or coming into the office every day, Bractlet supports you to work your way, on your schedule
- Above market benefits; we believe your health and your family’s health are vital to your success, and offer competitive healthcare programs to ensure you and your family are covered
- Participate in the company’s success; we believe that all employees, from entry-level to the c-suite, are key to the company’s financial success, and we offer an ownership stake in the company to all employees
More about Bractlet
Bractlet is on a mission to solve climate change through efficiency.
Leveraging the world’s largest energy efficiency dataset — over 1 trillion data points and counting — our team marries decades of industry experience in design, construction, and maintenance of building energy systems with machine learning and advanced thermodynamic simulation technology to provide the real estate industry’s most effective solution for optimizing building performance and maximizing invested capital.
To that end, we are building the world’s first comprehensive and open energy resource management (ERM) to provide a single source of truth for the built environment’s energy data. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data originates from many disparate sources and must ultimately satisfy the ever-evolving reporting requirements of several ratings services and agencies, creating a logistical data nightmare. Bractlet provides software tools to streamline and automate the management of this data, enabling our customers to proactively identify issues and satisfy any and all reporting or planning requirements on time and under budget.
Bractlet’s progressive culture features diverse, intelligent, and inquisitive individuals — characterized by their drive, innovation, integrity and humility — who excel in a close-knit and fast-paced team.
Working at Bractlet is more than just a job; we support our employees in becoming the best versions of themselves. What that means to us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe that an individual’s unique background and experiences are vital to building a great culture and business that takes into account diverse perspectives, as such we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
This job has an FLSA Status: Exempt. Management reserves the right to modify or alter job duties and responsibilities. These job duties are not all inclusive and may be subject to change without notice.